Great Lakes attracts employees who find our work fulfilling because they share our mission. On a personal level, too, Great Lakes also matches people's interests and strengths with their passions, for enhanced productivity and job satisfaction.
Just as we help student loan customers find solutions that work for their lives, we also equip our employees with tools, benefits, and information to enjoy quality of life through health, work-life balance, financial stability, and growth. This commitment earned us a spot on In Business Magazine's "Best Companies to Work For" list for the past two years.
- Health Plan
- Dental Assistance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Care
- Life Insurance for Employee & Dependents
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Legal Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Onsite and Offsite Training
- Great Lakes Gives Employee Giving Program
- Onsite Cafeteria (Madison)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Childcare Referral Assistance
- Eldercare Referral Assistance
As a federal contractor, Great Lakes participates in the E-Verify program to electronically verify the employment eligibility of our newly-hired employees. View the E-Verify Program poster in English and Español, Right to Work poster in English and Español.
For assistance with the application process or to view the Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and persons with disabilities, please contact Human Resources at (888) 236‑5900 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday CT.